MasterGlenium SKY 8700 - Non-chloride water reducing set accelerating admixture
Where and how does MasterGlenium SKY 8700 work?
MasterGlenium SKY 8700 is one of the new generation superplasticisers with super retention technology. MasterGlenium SKY 8700 contains polycarboxylate ether polymers and is specially formulated for ready-mixed concrete where moderate slump retention, high strength and durability are required. The degree of slump retention will depend on ambient temperature, mix design and dose rate. Generally, for a given mix design and dose rate, slump retention will be reduced with increasing temperature. The excellent dispersion effect makes MasterGlenium SKY 8700 the ideal admixture for the ready-mixed concrete industry. The ability to work with low water/cement ratios and still obtain extended slump retention allows for the manufacture of high quality concrete.
What makes MasterGlenium SKY 8700 unique solution?
Conventional superplasticisers, such as those based on sulphonated melamine and naphthalene formaldehyde condensates, at the time of mixing, become absorbed onto the surface of the cement particles. This absorption takes place at a very early stage in the hydration process. The sulphonic groups of the polymer chains increase the negative charge on the surface of the cement particle and dispersion of the cement occurs by electrostatic repulsion. MasterGlenium SKY 8700 is ifferentiated from conventional superplasticisers in that it is based on a unique polycarboxylate ether polymer with long lateral chains. This greatly improves cement dispersion. At the start of the mixing process the same electrostatic dispersion occurs as described previously, but the presence of the lateral chains, linked to the polymer backbone, generates a steric hindrance which stabilises the cement particles capacity to separate and disperse. This reduces water demand.
What are the features and benefits of MasterGlenium SKY 8700?
- Variable water reduction - high early and ultimate strengths. Low permeability, high durability concrete.
- High flowability - ease of placing and compaction. No segregation.
- Superior slump retention - no re - tempering.
- Ease of delivery to point of placement.
- Low shrinkage and creep – improve dimensional stability. Reduced risk of cracks.
- Good cohesion - ease of pumping.
- Good workability - excellent surface finish.
- Suitable for use with self-compacting concrete.
- Minimal to nil bleed water - excellent concrete quality.
- High elastic modulus – superior bearing capacity